Two years ago today, Adam Wimsatt and I started posting the High Road Artist blog (see previous post How the Blog Was Born) under the name Death of the Old. So glad we lost THAT name! It was a great concept—letting the past go—but the title simply didn’t suit us, didn’t adequately describe who we are. It was a stroke of simplicity when we came up with High Road Artist instead. Some things take time to emerge, though, right?
Over these past two years the blog has grown and shifted, in part because my life continues to change and, in part, because of what you all bring to it. HRA began as a joint project between Adam and me but it has matured into a “community voice,” that is, all your voices, your life experiences, adding to mine. Thank you.
So, during these two years, we’ve looked at life together and I wanted to distill some of what we’ve discussed into a list—a sort of anniversary present to “us.” And what could be more appropriate than the idea of making our lives works of art? It IS what we talk about all the time, right?
Here we go then:
20 Ways to Make Your Life a Work of Art
- Find an empathetic companion in your self.
- Let go of what’s unnecessary.
- Stand still under a dark night sky.
- Find what you enjoy and DO it.
- Be true to what is essential in yourself.
- Be generous and tolerant.
- Believe in your path.
- Allow vulnerability.
- Relish the sun and the rain.
- Sit in solitude and imagine.
- Consciously choose what/who you invite into your life.
- Be empathetic.
- Go barefoot.
- Explore. Be willing to get lost.
- Drink good coffee.
- Observe, contemplate and produce (Eric From quoting to students—I can’t say it better).
- Be receptive to change.
- Be courageous.
- Embrace the day.
- Add your own thoughts to this list…
Here’s to another two years! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Love to you all,
This article was useful when looking for:
- make your life a work of art (29)
- how to make your life a work of art (15)